MATTA held its inaugural MATTA Awards ceremony to recognise the achievements of its members and their contribution to the Malaysian tourism industry on 30 June 2019 at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.
Attended by about 500 local and international players and captains of the tourism industry, the MATTA Awards 2019 ceremony was graced with the presence of YB Tuan Muhammad Bakhtiar Bin Wan Chik, Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia. Also present was YBhg. Datuk Musa Bin Yusof, Director General of Tourism Malaysia.
The inaugural MATTA Awards consisted of nine categories, attracted more than 50 nominations submisision from MATTA members and the winners were selected by an independent Panel of Judges based on a strong operational knowledge on the industry with years of experience in the industry.
The Winners of MATTA Awards 2019:
1) Best Tour Operator (Inbound): Asian Overland Services Tours and Travel Sdn Bhd
2) Best Tour Operator (Outbound): Apple Vacations and Conventions Sdn Bhd
3) Best Tour Operator (Responsible Tourism): Borneo Eco Tours Sdn Bhd
4) Best Travel Agency (Cruise): Hwajing Travel and Tours Sdn Bhd
5) Best Travel Agency (Start Up): Toranj Tour and Travel Sdn Bhd
6) Best Travel Agency (Umrah and Hajj): Andalusia Travel and Tours Sdn Bhd
7) Most Creative Marketing Campaign: Ice Holidays Sdn Bhd
8) Most Creative Tour Package: Naam World Travel and Tours Sdn Bhd
9) MATTA Tourism Icon Award: YM Tunku Dato’ Seri Iskandar Bin Tunku Tan Sri Abdullah