MATTA led by Datuk Tan Kok Liang had made presentations to Minister of Finance YB Tuan Lim Guan Eng and Chief Minister of Sabah YAB Datuk Seri Panglima Haji Mohd. Shafie bin Haji Apdal regarding its proposals for Budget 2020 at Shang-ri La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Some of the vital points in the Proposal are:
1) Tax incentives for tour vehicles
2) Accelerate Capital Allowance for modernisation of tourism vehicles
3) Lower insurance premiums for tour vehicles
4) Tax deduction for cost of developing and improving websites and mobile apps
5) Accelerate Capital Allowance for ICT equipment/software/apps
6) To continue tax incentives for inbound and domestic tour companies beyond 2020
7) Incentives development of rural tourism
8) To increase budget or allocation for enforcement manpower to curb illegal tour operators
9) Additional budget for safety and security in East Coast of Sabah
10) Flexibility of visa policy and requirement
11) Cruise Tourism Development
These proposals encapsulated the wish lists of travel industry players and granting them will boost our tourism industry. Pulling out all the stops will certainly help to ensure that Malaysia achieve the target of 30 million foreign tourist arrivals and RM100 billion in tourism receipts for 2020.